The other day I was listening to an interview with Lisa Ling, a television journalist, reporter for the Oprah Winfrey Show and a contributor to Nightline. She was discussing how, after a miscarriage, she co-founded the Secret Society of Women in October 2010.
The Secret Society is an anonymous community where women can share secrets, strength and wisdom.
Personally the first thing that went through my head was “Wow! I bet that’s a great place to pick up some tips on what women really think.” That thought was quickly followed with “If it’s anonymous – how do they stop men going there.”
The more I thought about that last part, the more I realized that the men would be easy to spot. They will be the ones :
a. Trying to solve the women’s issues instead of just listening and supporting them
b. Making up posts designed to find out what women really think about penis size
Pretty easy really. Hopefully the site will have posting police ready to reply “Excuse me, Sir, but this is a women’s only forum” to obvious interlopers.
I wish them luck with the new endeavor and hope it offers comfort and help to women everywhere. As for me, I promise to keep my posting to a minimum 🙂
- Secret Society For Women | Interview On ‘The View’ With Lisa Ling [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- Lisa Ling Helps Women Share Compassion Through Secrets (npr.org)
- Lisa Ling Miscarriage: I Felt Like a “Complete Failure” (cbsnews.com)
- Lisa Ling Establishes ‘Secret Society of Women’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Lisa Ling: I felt like a failure after miscarriage (seattletimes.nwsource.com)